How to reset the Bridge+More dealer?
If you need to reset the Bridge+More dealer it is easy as you have several options:
Method 1 (requires the dealer to be On) – this method requires the dealer to have been updated by app version 6.x or later (May 2020 – firmware 3.30.17 or later – see here):
- Press the green power button for more than 5 secs (while the dealer is on) and when the display shows “00” and vulnerability zones blinks you have entered the “Dealer power button menu”. Every click (circle) select on the of the following options:
- Select number 3
- The dealer will count down from 40 to 0 and then restart
Method 2 (requires the dealer to be charged but not On):
- Disconnect the charger if mounted and then simply keep the power button (in the corner with the lid open button) pressed for 40+ seconds.
- If the dealer is turned On “Ready” will light green until you have pressed for 40+ seconds (or release pressing the power button).
- In most cases you will need to connect the charger – please wait for 2 minutes to insert – (how to see if dealer connected to power and charging – see here how ) to turn On the Bridge+More dealer (it will depend of the firmware version and battery level).
- Please wait for 5 – 10 seconds after the reset have been done before you insert the charger to start the Bridge+More dealer.
- If the dealer still does not start to wait for two hours and try resetting again by first disconnecting the charger, wait for some minutes, reset as described and then connect charger again – still not started then press the power button as normal to start the dealer.
- If still not working try again the full process described here some hours later after have charged the dealer more
- Please – don’t press the green button to hard.
Method 3 – Hard reset by disconnection of battery (does not requires the dealer to be charged or On):
Please always try the Method 2 mentioned above first and contact us first by mail before using method 3 as we can control the latest dealer data including charging and battery level history
- Please connect the charger to the dealer – (please check the dealer it is charging – see here how) that won’t start, and let it charge for a minimum of 10 hours.
- After the charging period, disconnect the charger. Please unscrew the 8 screws in the outer rim of the dealer (NOT the four screws closer to center). The screws require a Torx 10 screwdriver (it can also be done with and unbraco key)
- Please be careful – use the nails on two fingers – no tools – to drag the connector out as illustrated in the direction as shown with the arrow
- Wait 2 minutes and then reconnect the battery
- The dealer should now start after a small delay – when you connect the charger again (notice the charger must be connected to a turned On main socket)
- If none of the above works wait for 1 hour and try a reset
If the Bridge+More dealer has been discharged or a new battery has been inserted you will need to charge the Bridge+More dealer for 10 hours or more before you can reset the dealer to start it. You might need to have the charger connected to reset – meaning you first press the dealer’s power button for 40+ seconds – then you disconnect the charger, then wait for 5 – 10 seconds before you connect the charger again to start the dealer.
It can also be necessary to reset the Bridge+More dealer if
- You have not used the dealer for several months – and you have version 5.87 or later and did not do a Power Shutoff but a Power Off.
- You turned Off the tablet in the middle of a game because the Bridge+More dealer will then protect the game and not turn Off. To use the dealer again you will need to reset the dealer; and
- You can’t turn Off the dealer during a game and if you try it will turn Off after the dealer while playing (after the game the dealer turn Off and needs to be reset to show very clearly to you the solution have been misused); and
- You have a firmware lower than 2.340 and have either not charged for a long time or played more than 180 – 200 boards without charging and neglected all battery warnings (Info 83 and Info 84)
This reset is a software reset. If it does not help you can do a hardware reset – please contact us
Both these principles have been made to protect against cheating and to hinder a player to harm a game.
Remember you can see the dealer’s battery status several places as described here