Question: How to manually do a calibration of the bridge dealer’s UV readers with 2 * 52 cards?
When do you need a calibration – if you experience an increasing number of card read errors or for example if the dealer read red cards better than blue cards?
Please – before you start a calibration please control that the bridge dealer does not have dirt in the UV readers. Please blow gently to remove any dirt or remove it with a rubber blower. Please do not use a sharp device or anything that can harm the UV readers or transmitters.
You can read more here – How to check the dealer’s UV readers for dirt?
Please connect the tablet and card dealer as normal
- Please make sure the card dealer has more than 50% battery else charge the bridge dealer first (if you need to know how to see the battery level you can see illustration below – this dealer shows a 94.2 % battery level. The other ways to see battery level – see here – How to see if the dealer is charging?
and when ready click the “Dealer menu” button next to current dealer’s name “B+M XXXX” to open the “Dealer Menu”
and select “Calibration” on the menu shown – Calibration is one of the last menu items.
Please arrange a deck of cards like shown below, starting from the bottom:
Card order: Spades Ace to King, Clubs Ace to King, Hearts Ace to King, Diamonds Ace to King. Please make sure that spades are on the bottom, and diamonds are at the top. You can use the Test deal function in the same menu to sort in colors and take the cards in the following order N W S E and sort each color Ace to King.
After you have clicked “Calibration” on the menu then insert the correctly sorted cards, close the dealer’s lid and let the dealer deal the deck. If the dealer does not start open the lid again and close the lid again.
You have to use two different decks of cards – the cards do not have to be new – but if the cards are very used or dirty you might get an Info Code 56 – see below
During the calibration you will see on the dealer it counts from 01 to 52.
The dealer – and the tablet will use the following information codes (Info codes)
- If calibration has been successful it the dealer will return Info Code 57 as illustrated below. Please do not worry about the Red Error LED flashing.
- If calibration has NOT been successful it the dealer will return Info Code 56 – Notice Info Code 56 can also be due to wrong order of cards and/or colors
- Simply try again – maybe try other cards – but check order first
- If the calibration can not create a proper calibration coefficient interval with the two cards the Info Codes is:
- Info Code 61 – the second deck cannot be used with the first deck – use another deck instead of the second deck
- Info Code 62 – the first deck cannot be used with the second deck – use another deck instead of the first deck
- If the dealer during calibration recognizes errors, wear or dirt on a specific card it displays Info Code 87.
- In the “Dealer Menu” you can also remove the calibration coefficients – please do not use unless you calibrate- removing the coefficients can help if you have problems making two successful calibrations (we do not remove we actually set coefficients to default values).
After the dealer has finished each deck the cards are ejected.
How to test the dealer – Bridge Dealer UV LED tests
How to test the dealer – Bridge dealer Light filter test
How to test the dealer – Dealer test of the card gap
The following screen dumps show the order and information – you can stop a calibration by using the triangled icon at the bottom of the screen.