How to calibrate the Bridge+more dealer?
When do you need a calibration – if you experience an increasing number of card read errors or for example if the dealer read red cards better than blue cards.
Please – before you start a calibration please control that the dealer does not have dirt in the UV readers. Please blow gently to remove any dirt or remove with a rubber blower. Please do not use a sharp device or anything than can harm the UV readers or transmitters.
You can read more here – How to check the dealer’s UV readers for dirt?
Please connect the tablet and dealer as normal
- Please make sure the dealer have more than 50% battery else charge the dealer first (if you need to know how to see the battery level you can see illustration below – this dealer shows a 94.2 % battery level. The other ways to see battery level – see here – How to see if the dealer is charging ?
and when ready click the current dealer’s name “B+M XXXX” to open the “Dealer Menu”
and select “Calibration” on the menu shown – Calibration is one of the last menu items.
Please arrange a deck of cards like shown below, starting from the bottom:
Card order: Spades Ace to King, clubs Ace to King, hearts Ace to King, diamonds Ace to King. Please make sure that spades are on the bottom, and diamonds are at the top. You can use the Test deal function in the same manu to sort in colours and take the cards in the following order N W S E and sort each colour Ace to King.
After you have clicked “Calibration” on the menu then insert the correctly sorted cards, close the dealer’s lid and let the dealer deal the deck. If the dealer does not start open the lid again and close the lid again.
You have to use two different deck of cards – the cards does not have to be new – but if the cards are very used or dirty you might get an Info Code 56 – see below
During the calibration you will see on the dealer it counts from 01 to 52.
The dealer – and the tablet will use the following information codes (Info codes)
- If calibration have been successful it the dealer will return Info Code 57 as illustrated below. Please do not worry about the Red Error LED flashing.
- If calibration have NOT been successful it the dealer will return Info Code 56 – Notice Info Code 56 can also be due to wrong order of cards and/or colours
- Simply try again – maybe try other cards – but check order first
- If the calibration can not create a proper calibration coefficient interval with the two cards the Info Codes is:
- Info Code 61 – second deck cannot be used with first deck – use another deck instead of second deck
- Info Code 62 – first deck cannot be used with second deck – use another deck instead of first deck
- If the dealer during calibration recognizes errors, wear or dirt on a specific card it displays Info Code 87.
After the dealer have finished each deck the cards are ejected.
The following screen dumps show the order and information – you can stop a calibration by using the triangled icon at the bottom of the screen.
Notice – If calibration fails the dealer show Info Code 56. Please first check the card and colour order – else try several times with different card before you contact us.
The most common cause for calibration Info Code 56 is that the cards are not in the correct order as described above.
In the “Dealer Menu” you can also reset the calibration coefficients – please only if instructed by us