How to keep the Bridge+More dealer’s battery charged – power safe options
To maintain the Bridge+More dealer’s battery level – the dealer will shut off automatically after a certain time and to a power mode depending on the app version
After version 6.60
The dealer will shut off (completely turned off)
- If you press the green button for 3 – 5 secs (while the dealer is on) until the word “Ready” stops blinking the dealer will Shut Off or is you press the power off button at the tablet’s main menu
- If the dealer has not been used for 40 minutes and if the dealer is not connected to a tablet which has a live Bluetooth connection to the dealer. Notice if the Bridge+More app is started on the tablet then the dealer and the tablet can have a live Bluetooth connection also without our app is turned On. Please Notice – the tablet can be turned On despite the screen is not turned On (Black).
- If the dealer has not been used for 90 minutes even if the dealer is connected to a tablet via Bluetooth it will also Shut Off and eject the cards to save battery. To restart the game just turn the dealer on, wait for or manually connect to the dealer and continue the game (often with a redeal of the last board – just in case)
Before version 6.60
The dealer will power off (power save mode)
- If you press the green button for 3 – 5 secs (while the dealer is on) until the word “Ready” stops blinking the dealer will turn off (into standby).
- If the dealer has not been used for approximately 30 minutes it goes into turnoff power save (similar to a stand-by) – a slight touch on the green button awakes it again. Please also remember to awake the tablet first with a touch on the screen also and let the dealer and tablet connect automatically on Bluetooth after approximately 5 secs. The turn off period uses approximately 1 % of battery power
- The above requires you to have a tablet app after version 2.340 and have upgraded the dealer to that app’s firmware.
You cannot easily turn the dealer Off during a game (defined as at a game detail screen on the tablet) and if you try nothing will happen unless you keep pressing the Off button for a longer time. If you have tried – to show the misuse of the Off button the dealer will turn itself Off after the game has been played (the dealer hereby shows very clearly to you the solution has been misused and the dealer needs it needs to be reset to start – see below).
Remember you can see the dealer’s battery status several places as described here
If you for some reason need to reset the dealer – read more here
Is the dealer being charged if turned On and the charger is connected? – Yes
Is the dealer being charged if turned Off and the charger is connected? – Yes
Can the dealer run without a battery on a charger alone? – Yes (but not recommended)
As a dealer turns off after 20 minutes if not connected or no activities (lid/power button) – what power mode will it be then in? Shut off mode (complete shut off).
As the dealer also turns off during a game after 45 minutes of inactivity? – what power mode will it be then in? Shut off mode (complete shut off).
(If the dealer is dealing or if the dealer just performs one action then the timer restarts – meaning a new 45 minutes evaluation have been initiated).